How to contribute to the roadmap ?
Roadmap reflects both the committers and users objectives. As the project leader, eBM WebSourcing ensure frequent releases depending on this roadmap. To contribute, send a message on forum or mailing-list with your priorities, so we can take it into account.
Roadmap for Petals Master
The major release 1.0 scheduled for decembre 2009:
- Share services (Publish): make services available to all interested parties
- Import services from service descriptions (WSDL 1.1 and 2.0): URL, file system and XML dataset import
- Import services from execution environments : Petals ESB
- Reuse services (Find): find available services that fits your needs
- Keywords based search: name, categories ("tags"), provided operations, protocole, description, enterprise/person roles (providers, developpers, etc.), related documents (specifications, etc.)
- Execution environment browser: search services deployed on specific Petals nodes or Servers
- UDDI based search: Inquiry API v2 and v3 supported
- Evaluate services (Document, Enrich): services meet your needs ?
- Related documents (specifications, test reports, documentations, etc.): supported document formats are PDF, DOC, HTML
- Community aspects: service and enpoint ratings, tags and comments
Proposed features for the next release:
Following are a number of different areas on which we plan to work until the next release. You could contribute by commiting code or simply by sending a message on forum or mailing-list with your priorities.
- Advanced user profile and roles
- Role customization: create your own roles based on customized sets of accessible features
- WSDL dependencies support including imported WSDL and XML schemas
- Enriched WSDL support including: security and reliability policies, SAWSDL (WSDL with sementic annotations)
- Service versioning and lifecycle management
- Enriched service information including non functional data like response time, availability etc.
- Reporting and Notifications
- Dashboards: service reuse factor, test reports, availability, response time, failures, etc.
- RSS or email subscription to be notified on service changes
- Impact analysis
- Full SLA support: SLA enforcement, service contract creation and management based on information collected on execution environments
Petals ESB : Open source Enterprise Service Bus - Petals Master : SOA Governance - Petals Forum - Petals Blogs - Petals Twitter
Open Suit : Service-oriented presentation framework - EasyBPEL : BPEL engine - EasyWSDL : WSDL Parser
OW2 : Open source middleware consortium - Petals Link : Open source SOA solutions